Organized, energetic, and results-oriented, experienced Marketing Director offering 8+ years of leadership at Main Street Hartsville, supporting its mission in downtown development.
Proven track record of successfully mentoring small business in brand development and implementing marketing campaigns.
Experienced in leading revenue initiatives and creating funding strategies. A persuasive communicator who takes initiative and strives for high- quality outcomes.
The University of North Carolina
1985 – 1989
Bachelor of Arts,
Journalism & Advertising
Achieved National Main Street Center
Excellence On Main Street Award
Main Street South Carolina
Private Partnership Award
Main Street South Carolina –
Director or Partnerships and Sponsorships July 2023 – Current
South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
· Oversees the development, planning and management of organization’s sponsorship initiatives including the fulfillment process and the creation and implementation for recruiting new sponsors and retaining current ones.
· Develop and execute effective marketing campaigns for each member service initiative to increase participation in South Carolina Chamber member services programs.
· Responsible for meeting and exceeding budgeted sponsorship revenues for Chamber events and products.
· Responsible for managing and maximizing the revenues generated from the portfolio of affinity partners.
Owner, Creative Director 2022 – July 2023
Stacked Stones Creative [www.stackedstonescreative.com]
· Founded a marketing services company to continue doing what I love.
· Developed fundraising initiatives, including the inaugural Flights of Fancy gala, and supporting marketing materials, for non-profit Cypress Adventures.
Executive Director 2013 – 2020
Main Street Hartsville/The City of Hartsville
· Developed content for website, social media and weekly newsletter.
· Worked toward downtown enhancements through business recruitment, promotions, design improvements and economic vitality.
· Recruited and encouraged new businesses, while supporting existing businesses, leading to more than 50 new businesses opening.
· Developed an identity and branding package for our downtown, offered imaginative solutions to our community of small businesses to create a culture of creativity and entrepreneurship.
· Provided support to local businesses on marketing, social media, promotion, business management and public relations.
· Organized community wide fundraising events to cultivate donors and long term sponsorships.
· Managed economic development programs and community events.
Marketing Director 2013
Dancing With The Stars of Darlington County
· Organized logistics and created a media plan for Hartsville’s largest fundraiser, featuring local celebrities and dancing professionals, to support the Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
Marketing Director 2012 – 2013
Sweet. A cupcake company.
· Responsible for all aspects of advertising and promotion, including photography, print, outdoor, grand opening, social media and website.
· Received 2010 Business Blogger of The Year award.
· Created a cross-promotion marketing initiative.
· Represented the company as a publicist by attending strategic events.
Owner 2007 – 2012
Edible Arrangements of Florence
· Managed all daily operations, including monitoring sales and staff.
· Developed all local promotional and advertising strategies.
· Developed a grassroots marketing campaign that included various community relations activities.